The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the GMNC Board and its committees. The administrative assistant is also responsible for undertaking tasks related to fundraising, membership, programming, event planning, communications, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with board members and volunteers to support committees, events, and projects.
- Prepare mailing lists and email lists for targeted outreach
- Maintain GMNC and community calendar with updated program information and links
- Send reminders and meeting invitations to members as needed
- Prepare correspondence and assist with scheduling meetings and calls, as needed
- Provide Zoom technical support as needed.
- Take minutes at meetings, as needed.
- Set-up for virtual and in-person meetings; assist with set-up for meetings
- Assist Chair and Committee Chairs with managing email requests
- Maintain GMNC website updates
- Maintain records of progress toward achieving membership goals and provide monthly updates
- Coordinate development and implementation of local welcome materials for new members
- Work with Chair and Outreach Chairs to maintain accurate, up-to-date membership and fundraising lists
- Other support responsibilities as needed
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience with community organizations preferred
- High school graduate or equivalency
- Familiarity with the Greater Mattapan community preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive
- Work evening hours (online mainly) and occasional weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- High literacy with Zoom, Google Apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Commensurate with experience
- Approximately 20 hours per week
- $20 – $25 per hour
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in Google Doc, Microsoft Word, or PDF format