In our neighborhood, there are three (3) major corridors reconstructions that are in various stages; all three are connected – American Legion Highway, Cummins Highway and Blue Hill Avenue. All three of these major corridors cut through Mattapan to reach the surrounding neighborhoods – the most significant change is that it will create a bike route from Franklin Park to Mattapan Square leading bikers onward to the Neponset Greenway.
- Mayor Walsh Boasts of ‘Healthy Streets’ Transformations
- American Legion Project to Create Protected Bike Route from Franklin Park to Mattapan Square
- Next Phase of Boston’s ‘Healthy Streets’ Will Make Downtown Bike Lanes Permanent, Advance Projects in Outlying Neighborhoods
- Boston Pitches Major Transit-Focused Redesign For Blue Hill Ave
- Is a Federal Greenway Act What the U.S. Needs to Recover from COVID-19?
There are virtual meetings and drop-ins about these projects. Please register and attend one or more of these meetings:
- Wednesday, September 16th: American Legion Hwy Virtual Meeting | Register
- Wednesday, September 23rd: PLAN: Mattapan | Register
- Saturday, September 26th: Neponset River Fall Clean Up | Register
- Wednesday, September 30th: Blue Hill Avenue Transportation Action Plan | Register
*** REMINDER: September 30th is the final day to complete the U.S. Census 2020. Boston depends on your household to respond so that our communities get their fair share of federal funding and representation for the resources we need. For every person not counted, nearly $2,400 per year for the next ten years is lost in federal funding.